GetWellNetwork publishes e-book: “Transformative Health Trailblazers”
Executives, clinicians and technology experts discuss how patient engagement and technology improve outcomes and drive down costs in the midst of health care reform
BETHESDA, Md., August 15, 2013 – GetWellNetwork®, Inc., the leader in Interactive Patient Care™ (IPC) solutions, today announced the availability of the e-book “Transformative Health Trailblazers”, a compilation of conversations with top U.S. health care leaders. Through interviews with C-suite executives, clinicians and technology experts, the new publication explores how patient engagement and technology improve patient care and hospital performance metrics.
“Since the launch of Transformative Health in November 2012, more than fourteen thousand people have engaged in the dialogue about the impact of technology on health care and the business imperative of patient engagement,” said Michael O’Neil, founder and CEO of GetWellNetwork. “This community is developing and measuring innovative solutions to drive patient activation, better outcomes, and lower costs – the core of a new, sustainable health care system. In this e-book, we are pleased to share the vision, experience and best practices of some of the foremost leaders transforming health care today.”
“Transformative Health Trailblazers” features interviews with:
A C-Suite View
- David B. Nash, MD, MBA, Founding Dean, Jefferson School of Population Health
- Patrick Cawley, MD, FHM, MBA, FACP, Executive Director, Medical University of South Carolina
- Gerard van Grinsven, President and CEO, Cancer Treatment Centers of America; Former President and CEO, Henry Ford West Bloomfield Hospital
- Jason Wells, VP of Physician Services and Park Ridge Experience, Park Ridge Health
On the Front Line
- Stephen Knych, MD, Vice President, Chief Quality and Patient Safety Officer, Adventist Health System
- Holly Fedak, RN, MBA, FACHE, NEA-BC, CNO and VP, Patient Care Services, Parker Adventist Hospital
- Myra J. Edens, RN, MSN, FACHE, NE-BC, Administrative Director, Hasbro Children’s Hospital
- Bill Spooner, SVP and CIO, Sharp HealthCare
- CDR Cayetano “Tony” Thornton, USN CIO, Navy Medicine / (M6) Deputy Chief BUMED
- Mark Allphin, Research Director, KLAS
To read or download the e-book, visit Transformative Health
GetWellNetwork, Inc.® provides patient engagement solutions that help health care providers engage, educate and empower patients along the care continuum. Our patient-centered platform, delivered across multiple technology platforms including mobile devices, computers and televisions, enables providers to implement a revolutionary care delivery model called Interactive Patient Care™ to improve performance and patient outcomes. The company further extends the value of existing IT investments by integrating seamlessly with electronic medical record and patient portal applications.
GetWellNetwork is recognized by KLAS® as the leader in the Interactive Patient Systems category and exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association. Learn more at www.GetWellNetwork.com.