GetWellNetwork Reports New Client Wins and Growth of Interactive Patient Care Platform in 2014
- 58 new client facilities and expansions; 10,000 new beds installed
- KLAS® Interactive Patient Systems category leader – fifth year in a row
- 37 million annual patient interactions using GetWellNetwork
- 13 percent growth in employees; 250 employees by Dec. 31, 2014
Bethesda, Md., March 26, 2015 – GetWellNetwork®, Inc., the leader in Interactive Patient Care™ (IPC) solutions, announced a fifth straight year of sustained growth with the addition of 58 new client facilities and expansions in 2014. The company previously announced that it has been ranked #1 in KLAS® for the fifth consecutive year in the Interactive Patient Systems category.
“In 2014, GetWellNetwork expanded the breadth of the IPC client community into major health systems, ambulatory care clinics, regional hospitals and VA medical centers, while delivering a depth of products and services that help our clients activate patients and families in any care setting,” said Michael O’Neil, founder and chief executive officer of GetWellNetwork.
IPC Community Grows
GetWellNetwork established an international presence in 2014, as a large hospital complex and research center in Saudi Arabia selected the company’s inpatient solution to engage patients and families in their care.
GetWellNetwork also expanded its support of the U.S. Department of Defense Health Agency and U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs at:
- U.S. Army Medical Department – Irwin Army Community Hospital, Fort Riley, Kan.
- Central Texas Veterans Health Care System – Olin E. Teague Veterans’ Medical Center, Temple, Texas
- Central Texas Veterans Health Care System – Doris Miller Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Waco, Texas
- South Texas Veterans Health Care System – Kerrville VA Hospital, Kerrville, Texas
- VA North Texas Health Care System – Sam Rayburn Memorial Veterans Center, Bonham, Texas
Additional client wins and expansions include:
- Ascension Health – Sacred Heart Hospital on the Emerald Coast, Miramar Beach, Fla.
- Calvert Health System – Calvert Memorial Hospital, Prince Frederick, Md.
- Carilion Health System – Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital, Roanoke, Va.
- Children’s Mercy Hospitals and Clinics, Kansas City, Mo.
- Great Plains Health, North Platte, Neb.
- Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, Fla.
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare – St. Elizabeth Edgewood, Edgewood, Ky.
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare – St. Elizabeth Florence, Florence, Ky.
- St. Elizabeth Healthcare – St. Elizabeth Ft. Thomas, Ft. Thomas, Ky.
- WellStar Health System – WellStar Paulding Hospital, Hiram, Ga.
Recently, GetWellNetwork announced new wins for Marbella, the company’s real-time data collection solution.
Key Initiatives and Partnerships
In June of 2014, GetWellNetwork launched the O’Neil Center to advance the science of patient and family engagement. The O’Neil Center’s three advisory councils include more than 30 nationally recognized health care leaders, and its research team has published a Patient Engagement Annotated Bibliography, Evidence Matrix, Magnet® Crosswalk and Meaningful Use Crosswalk.
GetWell Labs™, an incubator for disruptive patient and family engagement technologies, also launched in June of last year. GetWell Labs has already produced GetWellNetwork’s acquisition of Marbella, as well as key partnerships with Pro-Change®, a leading behavior change management company, assistive device provider QuadJoy, and asynchronous video technology company ViiMed®.
To view a demonstration of ViiMed technology, visit GetWellNetwork in booth #6627 at the HIMSS15 Annual Conference and Exhibition in Chicago, April 12-16, 2015.
GetWellNetwork®, Inc. provides patient engagement solutions that help health care providers engage, educate and empower patients along the care continuum. Our patient-centered platform, delivered across multiple technology platforms including mobile devices, computers and televisions, enables providers to implement a revolutionary care delivery model called Interactive Patient Care™ to improve performance and patient outcomes. The company further extends the value of existing IT investments by integrating seamlessly with electronic medical record and patient portal applications.