Hasbro Hospital to Present Webinar, “Creating an Engaging Meal Ordering Experience for Patients”
GetWellNetwork and CBORD will highlight how joining a patient-centered care technology and meal ordering system at the bedside helps improve patient satisfaction and workflow efficiencies
Bethesda, Md., May 21, 2013 – Hasbro Children’s Hospital, Providence, R.I., will present how significant improvements in the way they met the meal ordering needs of their patients helped increase patient satisfaction and improve workflow efficiencies for the care team during an upcoming webinar, Creating an Engaging Meal Ordering Experience for Patients. Hosted by GetWellNetwork®, Inc., the leader in Interactive Patient Care™ (IPC) systems, and CBORD®, the leading provider of food and nutrition management, cashless card, and access control solutions to healthcare facilities, the webinar will highlight Hasbro’s integration of the GetWellNetwork and the CBORD systems.
Meal ordering has traditionally been a manual, inefficient, and occasionally frustrating process for patients and staff alike. Hasbro Children's Hospital has leveraged best practices, their brand, and two interactive technologies at the bedside to help improve the quality of the meal ordering experience for patients, families and staff.
During this webinar, attendees will discover how Hasbro:
- Created an efficient way to manage meal orders by reducing "second trays" while improving patient and staff satisfaction
- Established patient care consistency, including ensuring healthy meals are established from the outset
- Implemented its own proven process for increasing adoption of this program
- Leveraged Mr. Potato Head to make food ordering a fun experience for pediatric patients
- Joined forces at the bedside with GetWell Town and CBORD’s patient meal ordering system to help the hospital in its efforts to improve patient satisfaction and workflow efficiencies
Date: May 29, 2013
Time: 2:00 – 3:00 p.m. EDT
Presenters: Hasbro Children's Hospital & Center for Practice Excellence
- Myra Edens, RN, MSN, FACHE, NE-BC Administrative Director
- Andrea Gorman, PhD, RD, LDN, Manager, Clinical Nutrition
- Maureen Young, BS, Nutrition Information Systems Coordinator, Food and Nutrition Services
Registration: Creating an Engaging Meal Ordering Experience for Patients
GetWellNetwork, Inc.® provides patient engagement solutions that help healthcare providers engage, educate and empower patients along the care continuum. Our patient-centered platform, delivered across multiple technology platforms including mobile devices, computers and televisions, enables providers to implement a revolutionary care delivery model called Interactive Patient Care™ to improve performance and patient outcomes. The company further extends the value of existing IT investments by integrating seamlessly with electronic medical record and patient portal applications.
GetWellNetwork is recognized by KLAS® as the leader in the Interactive Patient Systems category and exclusively endorsed by the American Hospital Association. Learn more at www.GetWellNetwork.com.