Software Engineer - Bethesda, MD (Headquarters)
GetWellNetwork is a high-growth software company in the healthcare industry and is based in the Washington DC-area with employees located throughout the country. We pioneered the interactive patient care industry. Our clients are changing the nature of healthcare in America by using our tools to flip the model of patient care on its head. Our software applications empower healthcare providers, patients and families with information, tools and community needed along the patient journey to improve outcomes.
Our employees are changing the lives of millions of patients and their families every day. If you consider yourself a rock star who loves working in a high-growth, dynamic environment filled with passionate employees then we want to meet with you, as we have your dream job!
We are seeking a talented, enthusiastic Java Engineer to design, develop, and support innovative technical solutions to healthcare business problems. This position requires a balance of knowledge, ingenuity and the ability to solve problems outside of the candidate’s core area of expertise. Researching, troubleshooting and prototyping are key tools required for success. In addition, this position requires the skills to effectively interact with both internal and external clients, as well as, the leadership to promote and implement best practices to ensure quality delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, prototype, implement, test and document solutions for the PatientLife:)Systems
- Provide recommendations for changes and improvements
- Collaborate with clients and Product Management to define features with testable requirements
- Provide application support on GetWellNetwork applications to clients, end users, and staff
- Contribute to all phases of the software development cycle
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and written.
- Extensive Java development skills (JSP, J2EE, EJB, Hibernate, JNDI, Java API, Struts, other APIs)
- Knowledge of and ability to apply common J2EE Design Patterns
- Scripting language skills (python, awk, bash)
- Experience with Open Source tools and applications
- Excellent troubleshooting skills, ability to multi-task and prioritize, and comfort refactoring unfamiliar code
Credentials and Experience:
- 2-3 years Java development work experience
- Open Source Project support/maintenance experience
To Apply: Please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org