GetWellNetwork QuickCare provides tools for important care tasks like education and service requests easily accessible at the bedside with fast, one-click access. Nurses and staff are able to deliver better, more efficient care for a more satisfied patient.
Access Staff Only Care Tools at the Bedside
- Patient Safety - Meet the Joint Commission requirements concerning patient safety by enabling easy delivery of education on safety issues such as fall prevention or hand hygiene.
- Patient Education - Meet the Joint Commission’s standard for patient education by initiating patient-specific education sessions, assessing comprehension and documenting.
- Medication Teaching - Improve patient satisfaction with staff always explaining new medications with direct access to the medication database or retrieving the real-time list of patient prescribed medications.
- Patient Pathways - Reduce the number of readmissions to the hospital by guiding the patient through multi-phase patient pathways such as heart failure or asthma, better preparing patients for recovery at home.
- Admit / Discharge Tasks - Improve bed capacity management by easily performing tasks that help streamline the patient admission and discharge process.
- Service Requests - Offload non-clinical tasks by notifying environmental services that a room is ready to be cleaned or sending a message to dietary services.
Deliver Timely, Consistent Patient Education
Effective patient education requires appropriate timing – largely dependent on the status of the patient. When the time is right, patients are more receptive to learning. Because QuickCare provides immediate access to the GetWellNetwork education materials, these teachable moments aren’t squandered while gathering pamphlets, looking up video codes, or tracking down supplies.
QuickCare enables nurses and staff to initiate education at a moment’s notice – right from the bedside. If the moment is right for the patient, education can be delivered immediately. If it isn’t, education can be scheduled for a later time. With QuickCare, nurses and staff are able to take advantage of teachable moments to consistently deliver the same, high quality, education to each and every patient.
Provide Better Service and Satisfaction
QuickCare makes service requests fast and efficient. Patients are satisfied and non-clinical work is off-loaded from the nurse to the appropriate department. Nurses can assist patients with common service requests such as contacting environmental services and dietary.
In addition to service requests, nurses can use QuickCare to improve operations and patient satisfaction. Discharge tasks can shorten the length of stay while the ‘click-to-clean’ tool speeds the room’s readiness for the next patient. With fewer discharge delays and improved bed throughput, patients are more satisfied and patient census can be better managed.
Measure Staff Engagement
Whether educating patients, responding to service requests, or preparing patients for discharge, all staff and patient activity is recorded and available for reporting. QuickCare reports can be accessed through the GetWellNetwork Management Console. These reports reveal the utilization rates of specific QuickCare tools and the success of staff engagement with those tools.